woensdag, april 29, 2009

Adobe's Alchemy and Mac OSX Tiger: not working?

I've been trying to compile the simple StringEcho example that comes with the Alchemy SDK, but without success.
Read more/dowload about Alchemy here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/alchemy/

Now I am working on OSX Tiger and I am pretty sure all of my settings are correct when it comes to following along the step by step tutorial at Adobe's website.
The strange thing is that I don't get any compile errors and the compiler returns an object file, but no swc... The log files do not show any sign of inconsitency...

I have had some help from people over at the Adobe forums, but the conclusion we come to at this time is that it's just better to switch to Leopard. And indeed no problems with Leopard.
Follow the conversation here:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/1926352

Conclusion so far: Do not try Alchemy on Tiger, use Leopard.

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets less expensive, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.livejournal.com/491.html]R4i[/url] DS FFOpera)